Sunday, January 13, 2013

Amazing weather day & a new record

So what do you do on a cloudy but warm day? Head out for a 4 mile recovery run along a scenic riverside route. And what do you know, by the time we got there, the sun came out. 65 degrees in January. I will take this, especially after last week's run in the mid-20s.
Families were out walking, and we passed many smiling runners coming and going on this out and back course. They are replacing a bridge nearby, so we had to go off-road and a little mud sliding through a construction zone. But all in the name of fun.

Yes, I am that tall. ;) How is this for an amazing stretch spot, and with awesome views.

4.03 miles in 42:49. It's hard to slow down for these recovery runs, but getting better at it.

Which gives me a new record. 22.14 miles in a week. I'm not sure why Daily Mile is showing a week 54.

I am trusting the plan, and it is working. So excited to tackle 10 miles this next weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment