1. Best run ever: 2012 Monument Avenue 10k, this was my first run after retraining myself how to run after ITBS (see #7). My cadence was perfect for the entire run. I felt awesome through the entire run. Everything just went right. I was due for this run after two previous attempts.
2. Three words that describe my running: Renewing, fun, and strong
3. My go-to running outfit is: My Lululemon tank and skirt in porcelain blue, until it gets cold. Then I will bundle up in Brooks tights, Under Armor cold gear tank, and gloves/ear band/6 other layers as needed. J/k ... well maybe not.
4. Quirky habit while running: I can't finish running unless I hit a full or half-mile.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Usually evening due to hubby's schedule, but morning when I can.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Too hot is usually the problem in the South, but I have been known to avoid the rain, the cold, snow, and ice. I'm a running wimp.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: ITB Syndrome 3 times in a row - cortisone shots, anti-inflammatories, icing, foam rolling, stretching, glut and ab strengthening, and finally retraining myself to increase my cadence and decrease my stride length with the help of my Garmin 610.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: a longer run feels easy.
9. Next race is: Richmond HCA 8K in November
10. Potential running goal for 2013: My first half-marathon, trying to decide which one.
Check out other posts at Another Mother Runner.