Monday, July 29, 2013

Marathon Training Week 8

And all is going awesome. I missed out on the core workouts for the week, and struggled to get the mileage in due to work. Missing a mile or two is better than missing the entire run. I'm getting better with acknowledging the work/life/run balance.

AND I had a great 13 mile run on Saturday. Yes I said great and 13 in the same sentence.

The run had some crazy hills right in the middle. I mistakenly got to the top of the first one and thought we were done with climbing. Whoops for not reading the map closely enough, but maybe it was better that I didn't know.

I have to give it to them, the MTT program is run very well (even though we had to change our starting location because of Redskins Training Camp). Gummy bears, pretzels, powerade and smiling volunteers at every SAG make this go so much easier. And they know how to plan some crazy routes. I'm definitely seeing parts of the city I have never seen.

And I had a great group of people to run with and another to chase at the end. And a shot block did wonders at mile 9.

I have to say this run made this whole thing (marathon) seem attainable.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment