Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mentally tough morning

Tuesday morning was a struggle to get out of the bed. This heat and humidity makes me think of pea soup. I finally drug myself out of bed, and now getting the running before work was going to be a challenge. Procrastination is not my friend.

The plan was for 5 miles, 2 easy, 2 at tempo, and 1 easy for cool down. The goal pace for tempo was 8:39 but my legs just wouldn't quite turn over like I wanted.

So, what do you do when you need inspiration? You dig deep, and I thought of Dimity (@dimityontherun) from Another Mother Runner who rocked her first IronMom this past weekend. If she can finish strong after that, this run is a piece of cake.

I ended up being a little short on the distance (needed to get to work). But very happy with how it ended up.

The face shot was horrible, so the shoes will have to do. Definitely a #realrun.

 

1 comment:

  1. A #runreal indeed! This heat is really starting to get to me, too. Boo.
    I never saw Dimity at CDA.

    ReplyDelete