Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cherry Blossom Before the Race

M, K, & I headed up to DC on Saturday for packet pickup. Girls on the loose in DC. Watch out or not because we are lame. First stop was to drop off our bags before hitting the expo at The National Building Museum. The building was amazing.

Photo

Packet pickup was easy, but they were out of the shirt size that M ordered. Frustrating, but they did offer to mail her a replacement shirt. They should have had enough for everyone, but I'm glad they had an answer for their snafu. There were quite a few vendors, and I let my arm get twisted into signing up for another half marathon, Zooma Annapolis. I met the owner, Brae, and when she explained how she started the race series, I was sold and 20% off helped too.

After the expo, we walked around a bit to see a few sights.
Just because I'm a Mickey nerd.
Hoping we see lots of blooms tomorrow.

A much needed pitstop for refreshments.

I'm glad I don't have to look at that backdrop every day. I can feel the calories oozing off the wall.

The grasshopper.

And legs up the wall after too much walking before a 10 mile race.

We had a wonderful dinner (forgot to take pictures), and then headed back for an early bedtime.

I know we are in the right spot when this is what I found in the hotel room.

Jelly Bellys for Jilly Bean.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment