Friday, September 25, 2015

I can do hard things

It's been a bit of a crazy week. My city is hosting the UCI World Road Cycling Championship. Very cool to have this surrounding us when the last time the US hosted this event was in 1986. Cycling mania is in full effect.

And as luck would have it, my husband is working out of town all week and he is the cyclist in the family. So far, we have seen the women's and men's individual time trial events. If the weather isn't absolutely miserable, we are attending the men's finals on Sunday.




Since I am the only parent this week, I have been sneaking workouts in between school drop-off/pick-up and conference calls. I have also been working on my #BOSUstrong challenges. It's all about balance this week.  Check out my instagram for my crazy attempts.

Monday - speedwork that was a miserable fail. I stayed up too late the night before, and I just couldn't get it together. 4.8 miles done. Enough said about that.

Thursday - had an AWESOME 8 miler. Many of the cycling teams zipped by me along my route. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get any pictures. My pace was too fast for miles 2, 3, 4, but I just couldn't slow it down. I finished strong and should be ready to knock out 17 miles on Sunday.

Except the forecast is rain, rain, and more rain. The last time I ran in this kind of weather for a long run was on a 20 miler two years ago. I thought the run went well, but then I couldn't run a mile two days later. Marathon of 2013 = out the window.

This time, I will run smarter. No puddle jumping. No zigging. No zagging. One foot in front of the other. And remember my favorite mantra, "I can DO hard things!"



Wish me luck on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment