Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Virtual Half and Marathon Training - Week 9

The only thing worse than coming back from vacation is getting ready for vacation. I feel like I am running two weeks behind, and guess what, I am on anything that I didn't have to do before vacation.

So here goes.

The core workouts have become non-existent. And I miss them. Gotta figure out how to make it happen.

Cycling as cross-training has continued to be great.

And then I was scared to run 14 after last week's awesome run. Luckily, I met up with Emma from A Mom Runs This Town who is our local Moms Run This Town Chapter Leader. She coordinated the Running Mad Virtual Half/10k/5k for us. And she slowed down to run with me and two other girls for the half. Thanks Emma! I got there a little early to try to add up to 14 (ended up with 13.6, longest run to date). It was hot but doable, and we had Baker's Crust for breakfast.

I had to steal this photo from Emma of part of our crew.

And here's the cool stuff we got.

So glad to meet some new runners and have time to chat with friends while working out. Double bonus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment